A moist cake which keeps well and always very popular
Cuts into 12-16 slices. Can be frozen undecorated.
For the Cake
250g butter , softened
250g golden caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
4 large eggs
150ml natural yogurt
280g self-raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
For the Topping
100g white chocolate
50g softened butter
3 tbsp milk
175g sifted icing sugar
23cm spring-form cake tin greased and lined
Oven 180C/Gas 4/fan oven 160C
How to make it
• Place all of the cake ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth, alternatively use a large mixing bowl and hand whisk.
• Spoon the mix into your prepared tin and smooth the top.
• Bake for 40-45 mins – the cake is cooked when an inserted skewer comes out clean.
• Cool for 30 mins, then remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
• Whilst the cake is cooking prepare the topping by carefully melting the chocolate, butter and milk over a pan of simmering water. Remove from heat and beat in the icing sugar. Set aside to cool and set.
• When the cake is cool spread the icing on top and decorate with fresh strawberries.