Makes enough for 4-6
1kg Parsnip, peeled, cored and chopped (in to 2-3 cm pieces) (keep in water to stop browning)
1 large white onion roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 tsp local runny honey
3 tbsp olive oil
1 litre hot vegetable stock
Freshly ground black pepper
How to make it
- Roast the chopped parsnip on a preheated baking tray with a tbsp of olive oil and the honey drizzled over the top with a good sprinkling of ground black pepper for approximately 20mins at 180 c, in the meantime……
- Heat the remaining oil in large saucepan and sweat the onion until soft (do not allow to go brown). Add garlic and fry for 2 minutes more
- Add the roasted parsnip to the pan and fry for a further few minutes before
- Adding hot stock and bring to the boil, and simmer gently for approximately 20 minutes, or until the parsnips are soft.
- Blend until smooth adding further ground pepper, and additional stock or hot water to desired consistency and taste.
- Reheat, serve with warmed crusty bread and butter