All the flavours of Christmas in a really easy cake. Can be made ahead and frozen.
Cuts into 10-12 pieces.
200g self-raising flour
100g cold butter
85g light muscovado sugar
85g ready made marzipan
2 eggs, beaten
jar mincemeat (approx 300g)
1kg loaf cake tin
Oven 180C/Gas 4/fan oven 160C
How to make it
- Preheat the oven and grease and line cake tin.
- Place the flour in a large bowl, dice the butter, and rub into the flour until the mixture is like bread crumbs (this can also be done in a food processor, but the mix would need to be transferred to a mixing bowl).
- Dice the marzipan into 1cm cubes and stir into the flour mix with the sugar.
- Stir the mincemeat into the beaten eggs, and stir this into the flour mix.
- Spoon into the tin, smooth, and sprinkle with a few flaked almonds.
- Bake for approx 1 hour, until golden, and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from tin and peeling off lining paper
- Dust with icing sugar to serve