200g pack all-butter biscuits
1 tbsp golden syrup or honey
100g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
200ml whipping cream
How to make it
- Crush the biscuits by putting them in a strong plastic food bag and bashing with a rolling pin. Carefully melt the butter with the syrup or honey in a microwave or a small pan on the hob, then stir in the crushed biscuits. Press onto the base and up the sides of a loose bottomed 23-25cm round flan tin and chill while you make the filling.
- Break up the chocolate and put in a large bowl. Melt in the microwave for 2-3 mins on medium, stirring halfway through or place the bowl over a pan of just simmering water.
- Whip the cream until it just holds its shape, then gently fold in the sifted icing sugar and vanilla extract. Fold the sweetened cream into the slightly cooled, melted chocolate. Pour over the crushed biscuit base and smooth the top.
- Chill for at least 2 hrs (or for up to 2 days).
- Just before serving, remove the tart from the tin and slide it onto a flat plate (loosen edges first with the tip of a small pointed knife). It will be easier to remove the tart if you leave it at room temperature for 30 mins.
- Cut into slices and serve with fresh fruit of your choice and cream or ice cream.