A rich buttery slice with succulent plums and a hint of cinnamon. Serve warm with cream, ice-cream or custard for a dessert! Cuts into 12+ slices. Not suitable for home freezing.
250g cold butter
225g golden caster sugar
300g ground almonds
140g plain flour, plus 25g
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
8-10 plums, stoned and roughly chopped
50g flaked almonds
20 x 30cm baking tin lined with baking paper
Oven 180C / Gas 4 / Fan 160C
How to make it
- Put the butter, sugar and ground almonds into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles very rough breadcrumbs. Spoon half the mix into a bowl and set aside.
- Add 140g flour to the mix in the processor and whizz to form a dough. Tip into the prepared tin and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden and leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Set aside a few tablespoons of the remaining mix and put the rest back into the processor. Add the eggs, the 25g flour, cinnamon and baking powder and whizz to a smooth batter.
- Spread over the base, top with the plum pieces and a little extra caster sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 mins, sprinkle with the remaining crumble mix and flaked almonds.
- Cook for another 20 mins or until golden. Leave to cool in the tin before slicing.